Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 am by Steve Ball

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Multiple leads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Multiple leads

Post by Timthetrooper on Wed May 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Game burnley - battlefront two release 17/11/2017 - Need to speak to the manager awkwardly itso on a Thursday. midnight release that day as well, although these aren't popular anymore, I'm not overly keen on that idea, I like sleep. They've done some charity work before for the call of duty games but nothing from a star wars troop. We could hit another game store in another area that day as well.
Burnley cinema for episode 8 release has sadly already been taken over. Need to speak to vue cinemas in Accrington. Sadly this isn't easy as it's a national cinema with no local contact telephone number. @warwolf (how do you tag on a tablet) we need to create a professional looking email and email it to there head office then speak to the local ones before we do anything, they can't say that they haven't been notified then. I've got the email address here.
10/06/17 a school in Chorley for there summer fayre. I know this comes into conflict with another troop. However, if I'm allowed I'd like to try and recruit more troops for our cause. Can we split some troopers up? Take a few to Chorley and a few to Stockport. Will drop it otherwise.
Armitts army music festival between 8th of September till the 10th of September. I'll be discussing with Jackie tonight this one, I'd only want to do one day on that one not the weekend. Just in case we get anything on the Sunday. Obviously, secure room, possible refreshments, parking, insurance etc will only be discussed.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Re: Multiple leads

Post by Sall on Wed May 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Tim,

We have an email, I'll pm you the details of that ,
There's plenty of the squad not signed up for Stockport troop and we have the new recruits that haven't signed up to anything yet to my knowledge so ask them. Contact them individually if needs be there is enough in this squad to do the two troops Stockport was booked first and is for our nominated charity so that one takes priority as previously stated to you in pm
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

https://www.facebook.com/The-Wolf-Den-208016203025284/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Just to throw somethinge else into the mix here .  I have a possible troop also for June 10th from a Tesco Store.  They are having a space themed day that day and when i spoke with her at luncthime her face lit up.   This could potentially lead to more in the future and other possible tesco store troops.

I did manage her expectations by saying we had a troop already that day so number might be limited if it was possible at all.  

stretching us over 3 troops is impossble though so we need to think of the bigger picture.  The Chorley summer fair may get us a return gig next year...the Tesco one could get us repeat gigs throughout the year not just at that store but at other neighboring town stores.

Last edited by LeeRog on Wed May 10, 2017 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 pm

lee im going to try and pull in more new members using the chorley one, might be best if you can do the same. we know a multitude of members of other trooping societies. if they aint busy get em in!

''My other ship is a Python''
Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Wed May 10, 2017 8:55 pm

anyway, the school one i aint putting anything up as of yet. need to confirm details tomorrow.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 am

yes lets recruit more people - Liam is the main man for this but its everyones responsibility. Remember though we don't want to be a charity case ourselves for events - in other words i don't want us to be poaching members from other groups to just help out - they need to be fully committed to the Squad - its ok if they are members of other groups as some of you are but they need to be members of both and loyal to us too. I say again we are not a charity case group and that needs to be made clear and they must sign up to the forum not just come along on the day - they need to read our guidelines and values and standards. Im passionate about this guys and this group so i can't reiterate it enough and make it clear to them please. @Smudge we need a recruitment drive.

Guys also check this charity group out they do a lot: https://www.facebook.com/northwestcharities/

Also have we tried ASDA stores - is there anything we can do for them?

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

http://ukspectresquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 am

Steve, I believe it's time for us to start having a recruitment drive. Lee and myself can get as many troops going as possible. But if we haven't got the numbers for it, we can't do them. If we can generate a poster on Facebook to share and spread the word that "spectre squad needs you", we all have troopers and people who might help out crewing on our Facebook.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm currently waiting for said poster from Liam to put on the social media accounts
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 pm

recruitment drive kicked off with a Facebook post.

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Thu May 11, 2017 5:25 pm

get it shared! also 2 events have popped up, steve what time do you reckon youll be in burnley saturday? lee are you there?

Games just round the corner, going to pop in on saturday, they are really looking forward to having us, but best thing is we can troop there when ever we want!! so this could spread to multiple locations! going in on saturday to finalise everything. (can we borrow a trooper? you know, show off a bit of what we do)

a charity fund raising event at burnley rugby club, 30th of july, she was straight away went ''yes'', thats to raise funds for the NICU ward at burnley general hospital! lee, ring me when youve finished your tea and settled down after work pal, need to run it all past you before i start making events

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Thu May 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Awesome well done guys. I'll try and get down late afternoon.
Steve Ball
Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm

@Timthetrooper wrote:get it shared! also 2 events have popped up, steve what time do you reckon youll be in burnley saturday? lee are you there?

Games just round the corner, going to pop in on saturday, they are really looking forward to having us, but best thing is we can troop there when ever we want!! so this could spread to multiple locations! going in on saturday to finalise everything. (can we borrow a trooper? you know, show off a bit of what we do)

a charity fund raising event at burnley rugby club, 30th of july, she was straight away went ''yes'', thats to raise funds for the NICU ward at burnley general hospital! lee, ring me when youve finished your tea and settled down after work pal, need to run it all past you before i start making events

they already know us from one of our last Burnley troops lol but we can pop in Saturday if needs be
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 am

@Steve Ball wrote:yes lets recruit more people - Liam is the main man for this but its everyones responsibility. Remember though we don't want to be a charity case ourselves for events - in other words i don't want us to be poaching members from other groups to just help out - they need to be fully committed to the Squad - its ok if they are members of other groups as some of you are but they need to be members of both and loyal to us too. I say again we are not a charity case group and that needs to be made clear and they must sign up to the forum not just come along on the day - they need to read our guidelines and values and standards. Im passionate about this guys and this group so i can't reiterate it enough and make it clear to them please. @Smudge we need a recruitment drive.

Guys also check this charity group out they do a lot: https://www.facebook.com/northwestcharities/

Also have we tried ASDA stores - is there anything we can do for them?

Hi Ste

That link you have put up is for Fairydust events we wont be doing anything for her (as per Rick) also i believe the 99th had a bad experience with her too!
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Fri May 12, 2017 9:38 am

Yep no probs I've messaged them back too

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 am

If we do Asda, those will be for our charity + if we can score a few dates at the game stores we could probably do our charity at those, but as a good gesture to them, game have there own charity as well, so I would like run that charity collection on the battlefront 2 release date.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 am

is the battlefront one a midnight release?
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am

My intention is to do the Saturday that week. I will struggle to get numbers for a midnight release and the subsequent launch day. It saves the hassle and stress as an organisation point of view, plus I can probably get more down on the Saturday.

Lee can you pop in to your local Asda please? I'm canvassing Burnley too much. We need to expand out. Asda in Accrington will be getting a phone call today.

Bosses, business cards, do you want funds for those? Can you include the events email. Much appreciated

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 am

Tim, if you want to look to design a business card that we can all carry make sure it has the official SS logo on it will need the Facebook public page link on as well as twitter if possible the main email as contact, any event inquiries will be forwarded to you guys :-)
ive found vistaprint to be the most reasonable, but if you can find somewhere else cheaper thats fine but before you order anything lets see what you've come up with please.
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am

Esther has just mentioned something - Bowlers - Manchester in December. Can we get signed up for that??????

Also since we have missed the Reel Cinema for Episode 8 release what about Due Accrington or the Odeon Blackburn? Let's get on it guys

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 am

@Steve Ball wrote:Esther has just mentioned something - Bowlers - Manchester in December. Can we get signed up for that??????

Also since we have missed the Reel Cinema for Episode 8 release what about Due Accrington or the Odeon Blackburn? Let's get on it guys

Rick & i were talking about Bowlers last week i would really like to get in that one!! we need to find out who the organiser is! if Neil Livsey is one of them we will have no problems.

the cinemas lee & Tim are on it Very Happy

Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am

I can easily find that out, we're working on vue. Odeon is on the cards if one fails.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Fri May 12, 2017 11:14 am

awesome - December is a big month and will be time to properly show ourselves off

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Fri May 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Coppull cancelled on the 10th of june for the school, gave the contact our email address just in case there is a future event.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Fri May 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm still looking for troopers for the Tesco in st helens on 10th June guys - don't be shy
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm gonna try and nail Vue bury this week if I can. I have a contact there as me and Liam did Rogue One last December
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Fri May 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Nice

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top