Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 am by Steve Ball

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Troop leads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Troop leads

Post by LeeRog on Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 pm

If anyone has any possible leads on any potential troops please let me know and I will chase them up.

Also if you have any ideas on how we can generate possible leads or make people aware that we are available for events etc then please post below.

I have posted in a few 'what's on in your area' type Facebook groups saying who we are what we do and maybe you could all do the same. If we can get a couple of troops from that then that would be great.
Thanks
Lee
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Re: Troop leads

Post by Steve Ball on Fri May 05, 2017 7:21 am

will do pal

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

http://ukspectresquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 am

Lee, comic cons? Toy shops? Can I ask, is there anywhere spectre squad will not do?

''My other ship is a Python''
Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Tue May 09, 2017 7:15 am

Feel free to make any enquiries within reason and we will consider each enquiry on its own merit.

I need to confirm our PLI status as many outlets will require this. If one of the founders can could let me know that would be great
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 am

@LeeRog wrote:Feel free to make any enquiries within reason and we will consider each enquiry on its own merit.

I need to confirm our PLI status as many outlets will require this.  If one of the founders can could let me know that would be great

@Sall @Warwolf

Yes this is an important issue i was going to ask at the troop meeting

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Lee, been having a look on my Facebook.

I was going to contact a lady who runs a charity called Armitts Army. She's holding a music festival in September over in Blackpool over 3 days. However can't do as of yet because I'm banned on Facebook, apparently toy guns are not allowed to be sold on Facebook! Anyway, once my accounts reinstated I'm going to ask her, have we got PLI? I'm going to email Skipton council at some point to see if we can raise funds in the centre. Il generate leads Lee then il send the contact to you.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 4:57 pm

will let you know soonest guys

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 pm

@Timthetrooper wrote:Lee, been having a look on my Facebook.

I was going to contact a lady who runs a charity called Armitts Army. She's holding a music festival in September over in Blackpool over 3 days. However can't do as of yet because I'm banned on Facebook, apparently toy guns are not allowed to be sold on Facebook! Anyway, once my accounts reinstated I'm going to ask her, have we got PLI? I'm going to email Skipton council at some point to see if we can raise funds in the centre. Il generate leads Lee then il send the contact to you.

it sounds great Tim its jackie armitt isnt it? shes a friend of Lisas (my friend)  shes done some things at the sanctuary in Burnley and the music festival is where my friend woodys skate ramp is i love that diner i go occasionally with my friend Lisa! you should see the size of the wedges of cake lol

Can we all please remember that we have a nominated charity too  the NHBCH and i would like to include raising money for  this in upcoming events where possible and if anyone can think of a event or something we can host to raise money for NHBCH would be great.
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

https://www.facebook.com/The-Wolf-Den-208016203025284/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 7:50 pm

@Steve Ball wrote:
@LeeRog wrote:Feel free to make any enquiries within reason and we will consider each enquiry on its own merit.

I need to confirm our PLI status as many outlets will require this.  If one of the founders can could let me know that would be great

@Sall @Warwolf

Yes this is an important issue i was going to ask at the troop meeting

Ok guys we havent got any pli i did many moons ago get some quotes, the cheapest was £195 with a firm in Manc i kept the details for nearly 12 month till i stepped down a few week ago
(out of sight out of mind sort of thing)
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 pm

i take it thats yearly? Not a lot really.

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm

@Steve Ball wrote:i take it thats yearly? Not a lot really.

no i thought not either but jay & kat (usual suspects) went all ooooh i dont so i just thought sod it!
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

no - its not a lot and something we need to protect ourselves and the public and will also add to our professionalism and employability as some venues will insist on it - plus it will get us more troops and maybe bigger venues too. Its a discussion for the Team meeting which we need to tie down.
Obviously who pays for it will be an issue - I'm willing to contribute to it for the good and benefit of the squad and maybe we can claw it back from profits from merchandising and the like. PLI will be a good selling point and not brand us as a 'cowboy outfit.'

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm

@Sall wrote:

it sounds great Tim  its jackie armitt isnt it? shes a friend of Lisas (my friend)  shes done some things at the sanctuary in Burnley and the music festival is where my friend woodys skate ramp is i love that diner i go occasionally with my friend Lisa! you should see the size of the wedges of cake lol

Can we all please remember that we have a nominated charity too  the NHBCH and i would like to include raising money for  this in upcoming events where possible and if anyone can think of a event or something we can host to raise money for NHBCH would be great.

currently singing its a small world, but then again it is burnley lol if she will have us, maybe we could do smaller events for her charity. might be an avenue worth looking down, she will probably keep us busy.

do we need to raise funds for the PLI? if so, il tell my missus to get baking.

did someone say cake? im heading over to blackpool this weekend, so il put this down as a place we can visit

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 8:12 pm

@Timthetrooper wrote:
@Sall wrote:

it sounds great Tim  its jackie armitt isnt it? shes a friend of Lisas (my friend)  shes done some things at the sanctuary in Burnley and the music festival is where my friend woodys skate ramp is i love that diner i go occasionally with my friend Lisa! you should see the size of the wedges of cake lol

currently singing its a small world, but then again it is burnley lol if she will have us, maybe we could do smaller events for her charity. might be an avenue worth looking down, she will probably keep us busy.

did someone say cake? im heading over to blackpool this weekend, so il put this down as a place we can visit

Hahaha Tim , that diner is ace!! and yes we do need to raise money for the pli its topic of the admin meet :-) ps i like choc cake, make an extra large one thou for fat boy Rick Turner he eats everyones portion! lol
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Hahaha Tim , that diner is ace!! and yes we do need to raise money for the pli its topic of the admin meet :-)  ps i like choc cake, make an extra large one thou for fat boy Rick Turner he eats everyones portion! lol[/quote]

stay away from my cake!! lol
Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm

@Steve Ball wrote:no - its not a lot and something we need to protect ourselves and the public and will also add to our professionalism and employability as some venues will insist on it - plus it will get us more troops and maybe bigger venues too. Its a discussion for the Team meeting which we need to tie down.
Obviously who pays for it will be an issue - I'm willing to contribute to it for the good and benefit of the squad and maybe we can claw it back from profits from merchandising and the like. PLI will be a good selling point and not brand us as a 'cowboy outfit.'

Yes ste i always thought we should have pli and i suggested CRB's too
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 pm

@Sall wrote:
@Steve Ball wrote:no - its not a lot and something we need to protect ourselves and the public and will also add to our professionalism and employability as some venues will insist on it - plus it will get us more troops and maybe bigger venues too. Its a discussion for the Team meeting which we need to tie down.

Yes ste i always thought we should have pli and  i suggested CRB's too

CRB's arent that expensive to do. note its now called a DBS check. a basic one costs £25 which can be self funded IMO
Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 pm

@Timthetrooper wrote:
@Sall wrote:

Yes ste i always thought we should have pli and  i suggested CRB's too

CRB's arent that expensive to do. note its now called a DBS check. a basic one costs £25 which can be self funded IMO

yes i still have all the forms here in my spectre squad drawer lol
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 9:08 pm

im not doing a DBS - I have 5 ones in date (including a social work one for children and adults) and subscribe to the update service so i have one always. DBS's are something i hinted at often to the 99th Garrison and it always fell on deaf ears which i was surprised about. Very good idea and a 'gold standard' for the Squad but would not be keen on forcing members to have one.

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Id like us to 'bag' the Burnley Reel Cinema Episode 8 release for the Squad. Early days but the sooner we get in there the more chance we have of getting it. @Sall @Warwolf @LeeRog

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 pm

PLI is a necessity but would we really needs DBS checks though? We never have unsupervised contact with kids or vulnerable adults.
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Find the manager of reel cinemas via his Facebook, it's round the corner from me, I can bob in?

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Lee ill leave it up to you how you want to deal with Reel Cinemas - would you like Tim to deputise for you?

Lee yes you are right about the DBS's as i said it would be the gold standard if we all had them but PLI is the most important i feel

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeRog on Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Did we do reel last year?
LeeRog
Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Timthetrooper on Tue May 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Ask Darrell Kelly, he went last year, only remember that because he brought all his kit and got me into this!

As I've said before I see somewhere that I can get a possible lead from, il get the details and contact and pass the information over to Lee. I don't mind doing that if Lee is happy with that idea. Lee il obviously discuss places with you before I go get it.

I know the PLI is a bit of a stickler at the moment, but if I am chasing for leads il need to put that in into an opening email/telephone/Skype etc. I'll help in anyway I can getting the funds raised for it.

Timthetrooper
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warwolf on Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

@Sall wrote:
@Timthetrooper wrote:
@Sall wrote:

Hahaha Tim , that diner is ace!! and yes we do need to raise money for the pli its topic of the admin meet :-)  ps i like choc cake, make an extra large one thou for fat boy Rick Turner he eats everyones portion! lol
ive got hollow legs sall they neef to be filled lol
Warwolf
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Tue May 09, 2017 9:58 pm

the 99th Garrison did Reel last year - i did both nights.

Last edited by Steve Ball on Wed May 10, 2017 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sall on Wed May 10, 2017 6:43 am

@Steve Ball wrote:im not doing a DBS - I have 5 ones in date (including a social work one for children and adults) and subscribe to the update service so i have one always. DBS's are something i hinted at often to the 99th Garrison and it always fell on deaf ears which i was surprised about. Very good idea and a 'gold standard' for the Squad but would not be keen on forcing members to have one.

we wont force members but if an organiser should want dbs checks they wont troop simple as, and to be honest id be wondering why they didnt want one lol :albino:
Sall
Adjutant
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Ball on Wed May 10, 2017 6:51 am

Yes exactly it will be up to the organisers.

Staff Officer
Staff Officer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top